Sunday, October 10, 2004

10 Things I Love about London

In No Particular Order...

1) I have my own Flat
Which means I can blast my music, dance around naked, barbeque rats, practice karaoke and bring home Big Issue Sellers without the prying eyes of others.

2) No One Gives a Shit about You
You can dress up like a doll and you will still fit into the crowd. Today I can be a goth, tommorrow a punk, the next a drag queen etcc... no one bothers. This is the place where I can finally wear my legwarmers without enduring stares.

3) Everyone has an I POD
In Malaysia, if you are seen with an I POD you are doomed to be robbed.

4) The Tube
Most would disagree with this part, but The Tube is a godsent invention. Efficient, fast and it doesn't induce nausea.
It is also a romantic muse;I've never seen so many people snog in such an unhygienic place.

5) Shopping
Nothing in this world beats several Body Shops and Zaras lined up on the same street. Knightsbridge is PARADISE.

6) Celebrities
Yes, there is a possibility you may bump into a member of The Strokes in the Tube, the Beckhams at Harrods, Jude Law in Covent Garden and Reyes kicking about in Hyde Park (I wish!) Fan culture means that I will camp outside Odeon in the cold to catch the premiere screenings of the upcoming London Film Festival... with the stars!

7) Arsenal
Highbury is only several tube stops away....

8) Faster Pace
People generally walk faster; which means no more waddling road hogs in front of you. If there is, run them down and you wont need to be sorry.

9) Heathrow
Not that I love heathrow the airport.. the fact that it is no longer three hours away by coach means that I can jet off any weekend to a sunny island to escape the occasional English blizzard.

10) Bayswater
FOOD. ICE RINK. CHEAP PHONECARDS. and the best ROAST DUCK RICE ON PLANET EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

vincent said...

omg...u have leg warmers?

Yng Lyn said...

Hey Vincent,,, YES I DO!!!!! you want a pait too? ;)

Anonymous said...

I dont care who u are,,., where ure from... what u did... as long as u love me~!!!!!

Yay Karaoke!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

MUAh miss u lady lyn ,
sueeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yng Lyn said...

Sueeeeeee.. my karaoke partnerrrr.. we will be the next M2M.. muahahahahaahh i miss you too!! when are you coming down to london???

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Digital printing in africa Vw camper bus go westy Holz fassade holzfassade sauna Aquaone water filters cellulite walking Omeopatia eczema Cellulitis result Can you tke celebrex and zelnorm together

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »