Sunday, May 31, 2009

Moving On

Crooning on my STEREO: You Can't Steal My Love by MANDO DIAO

Everything is alright now. I am so relieved to learn that terrible things do happen for a reason.

Because when life gets better, it does justify the hell one goes through. Sound cliched but true. I can testify that in the course of the past few months all that doom I once believed can inevitably evaporate overnight.

If you had told me this 6 months ago, I would have screamed bollocks. But back then I was a mere cripple: I was unable to digest the notion of hope and I only made it worse by condeminng myself.

Things changed, though gradually but the pain has now long gone. Not that I tried to do anything else except wallow, but things just happen. Chances. Only God knows who planned it.

And I want you to believe that it is true that no matter how thick the cloud, it always has a silver lining. As a child I held close to this in every trying situation till I reached my teens when things just didn't go the way I wanted.

Approaching 26 I realized such a saying is attainable because all it takes is to never kill a good heart.

It is a warm Sunday, summer has finally arrived in Germany and I am typing this with a puppy sleeping on my lap. I am waiting to skype my family back home. Andy will be back in Munich tomorrow just in time for dinner. On Tuesday I will return to office with newfound self esteem knowing that the company has promoted me to a permanent basis-

which means I will leave home.

Someone is looking over me, and will always look over me in the new phase ahead. This is one of those days when you reminisce how far you have come and that life can be beautiful.


At the end of the day, it is all about learning how to trust again.

6 comments:

Jolenesiah said...

im glad u r ok... and grats on the promotion...

KY said...

welcome back ;)

Sabrina Adam said...

Glad to see you here again :) Beautiful thought!

Unknown said...

glad that u braved through the storm :) and love the new positive tone!

D said...

Things always come full circle, don't they doll?

Take good care of yourself.
xoxo

Mirebella said...

Glad to see that you are blogging and everything is falling into place Lyn.

Take care and enjoy spring!